People ask me a lot of questions about my recommendations.
So I’m compiling everything here.
Here are the best that I’ve found and have used extensively.
Note: This list is not complete nor permanent. I adjust this list from time to time.
Current book I’m reading:
The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A. J. Jacobs
- Upon Wakeup, this is what I play in the morning.
- When working, I listen to Tycho’s Dive.
- When working out, I listen to this playlist.
Stoicism and Alan Watts.
Headspace, Buddhify, 10% Happier, Oak, and Tara Brach Podcast.
Switching from Evernote to Apple Notes
Cycling or Uber. Grab has replaced Uber in the Philippines.
Preferred Journal App:
Day One and The Bullet Journal but I’m considering moving everything to Google Calendar.
Preferred Fitness Program:
CrossFit, but Calisthenics is cool too. The basics is enough though, push-ups, squats, burpees and pull-ups whenever possible. I’ll need to get my jump-rope game upgraded.
What’s books do you keep re-reading?
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie, The book of James and Ecclesiastes in the Bible, .
What are your favorite Audiobooks?
Out of Your Mind by Alan Watts, Some Thoughts about Relationships by Collin Wright and Anything You Want by Derek Sivers.
What are your favorite podcasts?
Let’s know things by Colin Wright, The Tim Ferriss Show, Hardcore History and Freakonomics.
What are your favorite blogs?
Mnmlist by Leo Babauta, Exile Lifestyle by Colin Wright,and Fuck Yes Saturday by Stephanie Lee.
What kind of bike do you own?
I have a folding bike, a mountain bike and a fixed gear bike.
The folding bike is my errand bike because it has a rear carrier.
My mountain bike is a comfortable short distance bike.
My fixed gear bike is my long distance race bike.
- Lost in Space. If you liked the movie you’ll love this expanded ten episode series.
- Bojack Horseman. Philosphical and funny.
- Love Live: School Idol Project. Inspirational, lots of stuff about Japanese culture and work ethic.
Berserk. A dark fantasy that follows the story of Guts, the black swordsman.
This is a page of links that I like. I visit some of them regularly because I learn a lot from them. Sometimes because I like the people behind the sites and articles.
- ZenHabits Leo Babauta
- Exile Lifestyle by Colin Wright
- The Four Hour Blog by Tim Ferriss
- Seth’s Blog
- James Altutcher
- Tony Robbins
- Nexus Money. I use this to log all my expenses and make smarter decisions with money.
- Simple Note. This is my preferred note app.
- Evernote. This app enables me to keep all my information searchable. I’m migrating out of this app now because it has gotten slow and clunky.
- Way of Life. This app serves as a checklist of things that I need to do daily.
- Audible. Learning on the fly.
- Kindle. This is where I buy most of my books now.
- Podcasts. I use the Google Podcasts app on Android and Spotify on my iPhone.
The Common Space in Parañaque City, Philippines.
Small investments that changed my life and why.
- Timbuk2 Command. Great messenger bag.
- Deuter Backpack. Good Back support feels comfortable.
- Deuter travel pouch. Multi-role. Versatile daily travel bag.
- Flashlight keychain. kickass useful at night.
- Gap Jeans. Best Jeans Ever
- Merrell Hiking Shoes and Running Shoes. Everyday shoes good for 2-3 years.
- Florsheim Boat Shoes. Multi-role shoes. Can be used for formal, casual and even cycling. I got this pair from my dad and I’ve been using it regularly.
- Under Armour Gloves. Bike gloves and pull up gloves. Eventually you won’t need these.
- Jockey Boxers. Cheaper than under Armour but feels great to wear.
- iPad Mini. Write like a laptop. Access to good quality software.
- iPod Touch. Music Player, Podcast app, Quick notes and photos.
- MacBook Pro. Best computer ever.
- Apple Keyboard. Rapid input.
- Hard Drive. Library of entertainment and education.
- Spotify. Any song, no downloading.
- Headspace. Clear mind. Razor sharp focus.
- Evernote Premium. Paperless. Search everything. Idea bucket for references ranging from articles, ebooks, business cards and photo notes.
- BPI Accounts. Accept money from anywhere. Easy transfer. Access to index funds.
- Nexus Money. smart decisions with my money.
- Way of Life. best way to focus my day.
- iAWriter. replaced my need for a word processor on my iPhone.
- Day One Clears my head of ideas. My real idea bucket.
updated: Thursday, August 23, 2018